Leaders Roundtable: Why Organisations in New Zealand Fail to Maximise the Value of their Data
Most organisations today continue to underutilise the data they generate, and struggle to deliver on business outcomes.
At the same time, they face multiple challenges – continuing supply chain disruptions; an ongoing energy crisis that has led to a strong focus on sustainability; economic uncertainty; skills shortage; and increased competition from digitally native businesses – where the effective use of data holds the answer!
Ecosystm research finds that in New Zealand:
- Only 38% of organisations have Data & AI strategy as a key priority
- 47% of organisations find it a challenge to secure budgets for Data & AI because they are unable to show business value
- 56% of organisations do not have a well-defined data strategy that focuses on seamless access of real-time data across the organisation
- 72% of organisations are still focused on building a central data repository despite the emergence of data fabrics
Join this Executive Leaders Roundtable to discuss how you can support your organisation’s evolving priorities, demonstrate the outcomes that your organisation wants to achieve, and build a futureproof data strategy that considers the context within which your business operates in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Discussion points will include:
- How ready organisations’ current data strategies are for emerging trends such as ESG reporting and sustainability measures
- How a robust technology platform can mitigate challenges through efficient data collection and verification, better forecasting, and scenario modelling, and automation
- How cloud can be an enabler and at the same time meet Māori data sovereignty requirements
- The importance of a data governance policy in driving a data-driven mindset?
IBM produces and sells computer hardware, middleware and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.