We have seen a steady shift in people’s awareness of the environmental and social impacts of their actions. And this awareness, has led to a demand for sustainable and ethical practices from brands they interact with. Consequently, organisations are feeling the pressure to incorporate ESG factors into their business models to attract and retain customers; to nurture a purpose-drive talent pool; to address investor activism; and to comply with industry and country regulations.
At the Leaders Dialogue: Asian Sentiment 2023 conversation, Ecosystm Founder and Chairman, Amit Gupta; Ahmed Mazhari, President of Microsoft Asia; Padmashree (Paddy) Santosh, VP & Global Head of Learning, Diversity and Organisation Effectiveness at Olam Agri; and Luca Destefanis, Head of Marketing APAC at Kyndryl discussed the biggest drivers, opportunities, and challenges for Asian leadership in driving a sustainable future.
Here are the key takeaways:
- There has been a clear growth in a collective consciousness.
- ESG initiatives must start with a clear definition of the goals.
- It will require a multi-dimensional strategy that focuses on strategic alignment and people.
- ESG strategies need to be technology-enabled
- Ultimately, data is the key enabler of all ESG efforts
- Tech companies are focusing on expanding their ESG impact.
Read on to find out more.
Download The ESG Conversation as a PDF